So Slow

Slowing down the blogs

Thursday, August 28, 2003

Our pet dog "Boomer"

When I came home to the philippines, I finally met the 3 new members of the family - 3 pet dogs. Originally, there were 4 of them but the other one died a few weeks before I arrived. These 3 siblings are small, have unusually big ears (like that of a boxer) and a body of an "askal" (mongrel). Of course the first day I stepped onto our home and saw all three of them tied up, they were barking their tonsils out and never failed to show those scary, ready-to-bite teeth. I love dogs but I'm scared of them once they start showing teeth or seem to want to run after me or something. I was bitten by a Dachshund (yes, that short-legged long-bodied dog!) when I was 10 and I haven't forgotten that at all. Those 3 probably was not yet used to seeing a new face at home because they growl everytime they see me or hear my voice. They even chased me one saturday morning and I had to scream to my brother for help.

Anyway, over the few weeks, my mother said it's too difficult for her to take care of the 3 of them so they gave "Kukay" and "Tiger" away. Nobody among us had the heart to give them away but my sister finally gave in. It was a liitle sad for me too because I have gotten used to their presence (even if they still growl everytime I call out their names). Now it's all quiet because Boomer is all alone there.

With him alone, I thought maybe he won't growl at me anymore if I try to be friendly again. But unfortunately, he still starts growling and showing teeth and barking. Well, not until this morning anyway. :-) On my way to work today, I was happy (amidst the very heavy traffic) because he finally allowed me to pat his head this morning!!! No vicious teeth, no growling. Just a wagging tail and happy dog face. I felt like I decoded a "doggie code".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home