So Slow

Slowing down the blogs

Friday, February 25, 2005

soap


I gave up watching TV a few years ago... that was back home. From a TV addict that I was in college (up to the point that my grades dropped), I decided to give it up. That was when I started working. Now, I'm trying to think of reasons why I don't like RP TV shows..

1. Broadcast was NEVER on time. I really, really, really hated that. Never, have I seen Philippine TV broadcast on time.
2. Primetime TV consists of soap opera. Latin, Korean, Taiwan, Chinese, Philippine drama. Imagine watching 5-6 soap opera shows in a row.You'd be brain-dead in a year.
3. Philippine News is full of depressing news. Yeah, we know that the streets are a jungle.. that many people die everyday.. but to remind us of those hardships every hour, everyday.. I think it's too much? That's also the reason why I read the newspaper instead. I can select which one to read. Plus there's my favorite pugad baboy. :D
4. National news are making a big fuss over movie actors and actresses. Media should be broadcasting documentaries on men and women doing charity work all over the world or something cultural instead of all those people that does not have national significance at all.
5. Too much showbiz. Too much politics. Mixed. On the rocks.
6. Too much shampoo and soap commercials.
7. Movies shown are super-edited that the storyline itself are lost.
8. TV-station vs. TV -station lawsuits sucks. Talents should have the freedom to appear from one TV station to another. Not use them then kick them out after they're done and over with.

I hope it improves. TV broadcast were being used as a commercial meat trade. Whatever happened to entertainment?

1 Comments:

  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Toni said…

    martha! :) try watching mulawin! spirits! and the korean telenovelas. :) you'll love RP TV shows again... (wink-wink).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home