So Slow

Slowing down the blogs

Monday, September 01, 2003

beep beep

Working abroad for a while deprived me of the chance to improve my driving skills. 3 months after completing a course from driving school, I had to leave to work on a foreign country with exactly the opposite sense of direction. This caused me to almost got run over by a speeding car because i was looking at the wrong side when me (and 4 others) were trying to cross the street. This also caused further confusion on which is my right and left. The disorientation caused me a lot of trouble with my driving teacher during one of my classes because i knew where I wanted to go but my feet and my arms just won't obey my orders.

When I started driving practice yesterday, I felt relieved because somehow, I could still remember everything. I guess my father was correct when he said something about driving being an acquired skill and it won't go away even after years of not driving. I felt even more relieved because my father did not sweat out of fright. The last time we both went out for a driving practice, he was sweating all over and was nervous to death. =)

Some of my friends who'll read this might be a little surprised about this disorientation disorder that I have because its easy for me to remember places and roads and directions and I barely get lost. But it won't be much of a surprise for my friends who have seen me dance. :-) (pogs, this is a message for you NOT to make me dance on christmas!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home