So Slow

Slowing down the blogs

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Unfortunate

Stress from a very, very bad (quite an understatement...) working environment these past months somehow influenced me to read depressing and unfortunate materials both in print and in the internet.. last april, I got hooked to reading almost everything about criminals in BBC.. spent long nights for the first season of the american TV show CSI.. and the child in me sent me astray to the children's book section to Lemony Snicket's Baudelaire kids in Series of Unfortunate Events. The first book is quite depressing, of course. While I was reading the first few chapters of the book, I was trying to imagine myself as a 14 year old reading such depressing book and how could it have affected me. Just curious.

Well, anyway, at the same time also, I went gaga over Dan Brown novels Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code. Also of CS Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia (which I am now down to the last few pages but I just can't make myself finish it because I did not like the thought of Narnia actually coming to an end.. Its depressing!)

Now, with the busy schedule and all, I decided to do some light reading with my Pugad Baboy collection. I've been collecting those comic books since I was in college but unfortunately, eversince my family moved to our new home and with me staying overseas most of the time, my siblings just couldn't take their hands off it and eventually, I couldn't find where they are now.. Well at least most of it.. I'm now starting to rebuild that collection (rebuild as in pestering my siblings to give those books back to me!)

I've always dreamed of having a house with a tiny library.. or at least some sort of a library to keep my precious books. It's something I wanted so much to teach my children (if I'll have any). I was so deprived when I was young (nobody else was interested in the family but me) and of course, I did not have the money then to buy some for myself.

Now that I do, I'm trying to catch up on my reading. Finally!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger kat said…

    tsong, maganda nga yung CSI! may times din inuumaga kaming magkakapatid kakanood nun! :)

    have not yet read angels and demons and da vinci code. hopefully, mabasa ko siya in the near future. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home