So Slow

Slowing down the blogs

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ultimately Broke

It's 1 day before payday and I started my day with only 380yen coins on my pocket - the only money I have left. Nothing, as in no other source of income, my atm account cashed out.

So I started my day shopping for a 105yen onigiri (which has a 30yen discount tag), 105yen 500ml lipton lemon tea, 105yen oatmeal cookies - the entirety of my lunch meal which costs a devastating 285yen. (devastating on my current state of funds anyway).

So, how do I cope with my hunger at 9am in the morning? Iced coffee courtesy of our friendly office vending machine - costing me the last of my funds - 80yen.

With 15yen left on my pocket, I walked home, wondering what to do with dinner.

God is more merciful at dinner: I have a block of pork tenderloin in my freezer, so I resigned myself to cook bistek tagalog (which only needs onions, soy sauce and spices) as topping on bowl of oatmeal for dinner!


2 Comments:

  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Angeli said…

    haha.. okay yan, haze. papayat ka. what's an onigiri, by the way?

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Marts said…

    desperate times calls for desperate measures! hahaha!

    Onigiri is Japanese for rice ball (with fish, meat or vegetable inside. I usually eat the one with either tuna or salmon on it)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home