So Slow

Slowing down the blogs

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

patintero

I thought being able to do some sports was something very cool that I tried hard so to be good on at least 1 sport. But alas, as much as I want to be good at one, sports doesn't seem to like me. I set my heart out to be good in volleyball since primary school, but unfortunately, I was one of the first kids "voted out" of the team. So I tried some basketball, but with me having the best arm in the world.. the ball wouldn't even reach the ring. I tried badminton.. I was OK but I'm not competition material... same with table tennis. I can play but not good enough even if I try to learn seriously.. then I went bowling and even bought shoes for those.. unfortunately, it's just enough for me to have fun, but not good enough to be on some kind of competition. I tried my luck on billiards, but I never win. Even with our own billiards stuff on our home basement does not help at all.. I always lose. So what else is there? I went winter. I learned how to ski, learned it well, but after taking a look at the winter olympics on TV, there's no way I can reach that! Not in my wildest dreams! I'm just happy enough to know how to ski and then keep myself sliding down the slope on my 2 feet. Oh, I even attempted ballroom dancing! It was OK but I can never be a natural. I can only dance properly if I spent endless hours of practice. So much for my body coordination.

I tried a lot but I still want to try some more. I love skiing the most at this moment, don't know what it will be in the years to come.

Oh wait.. I just remembered.. I think I was good at patintero back in elementary school, that I went to as far as the regional competition. We didn't win, of course.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:59 AM, Blogger kat said…

    i agree... ang tagal mong nawala. :)

    patintero? hehehe! pero tsong, i can relate. never din akong naging magaling sa kahit anong sport. nanalo kami sa tiyakad nung second year high school ako pero natalo kami sa inter-year. hehehe! :)

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Marts said…

    hahaha! shalamat! shalamat! tagal ko na nga gusto gawin to eh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home